When it comes to guns we have our favorites and for specific reasons. We have looked at the basics of the revolver and the semi-auto based on their benefits and drawbacks. Some of the advantages are also disadvantages of the revolver and semi-auto. Take a look at some of the characteristics that make these firearms liked and disliked by gun owners.
- They are efficient.
- Revolvers are pretty reliable, rarely jam.
- They can fit almost anyone.
- Revolvers don’t use mags.
- The Revolver trigger is heavy.
- Handle different types of ammo well.
- Don’t normally have a switch-on and off manual safety. Revolvers are unforgiving in the safety department.
- Due to their construction they don’t make the best concealed carry guns.
- Additional weight can be a burden to those of smaller stature.
- Limitation on the number of rounds it can hold, slow to reload.
- Not the most user friendly when it comes to being repaired.
- Modern pistols are efficient and have simple internal functions.
- They are a safe choice for all gun users.
- They will fit anyone.
- Magazines allows for more ammo and quick reload.
- Lighter trigger improves accuracy.
- Malfunctions are not typical and can be easily fixed.
- Can freeze-up in sub zero temperatures.
- When a jam occurs it cannot fire again until the jam is cleared.
- If the shooter does not have proper training this can be a con in a dangerous situation.
- Strength required to rack the slide can be problematic for some.
- Some models are awkward for left-hand use.
Both of these gun types have their advantages and disadvantages but both are useful for defense. Which do you prefer? GunVault offers safes for a variety guns to ensure your firearms is safe whether you have a revolver or semi-auto. Contact GunVault today to get the strongest, smartest, and quickest safe for your valuables.