Questions & Answers
- Who is shipping and selling items from our website?
- WWR Sales Inc. is selling and shipping items from GunVault.com and Cannonsafe.com.
- I can't program my GunVault.
- Disconnect the battery tray for 30 seconds and try to program again.
- I hear a click when I enter my code.
- Replace your batteries (Duracell is recommended).
- I hear a whirl noise when I try to open my GunVault.
- Please call Technical Support for assistance.
- My new GunVault is missing the Battery Tray.
- The Battery Tray is pre-installed inside on the ceiling of the GunVault. Reach inside the unit and find the far end of the ceiling foam. Pinch the far end, and carefully pull it part of the way out of the unit. DO NOT TEAR IT LOOSE.
- My brand new GunVault door will not open.
- Place the unit on a flat service, turn the key, and hit the top/side of the safe with your palm. In rare occasions you may have to use a flat head screw driver by placing the head between the body of the unit and the door. You might also have to bang the lower left edge on the ground.
- My keys don't open my GunVault.
- Check the key number on the keys and the number of the lock cylinder and make sure the key is inserted fully.
- I've lost my keys.
- Keys beginning with an "A" or "R" have a limited availability. Please call Technical Support for assistance. An extra pair of keys cost $20.00 with shipping (excluding orders outside the continental U.S.).
- I can't find my Serial Number.
- The Serial number is located under the foam material on the floor of the GunVault.
- I want to program multiple users into my GunVault.
- Only the Bio-Metric models can be programmed for up to 30 enrolled finger prints. All other units can be programmed for one (1) user.
- How long can I make my code?
- The code has a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of six (6) entries (each entry can be 1, 2 , 3 or 4 finger presses simultaneously). Excluding the Bio-Metric Units which use a fingerprint template.
- Which directions can the GunVault be mounted?
- The GunVault can be mounted any direction needed. Mounting the unit with the door facing down is not recommended.
- How long should the batteries last?
- Batteries last nine (9) months to one (1) year (Duracell is recommended). Units subjected to extreme heat or cold will have an effect on battery life.
- Do any of the GunVault units have a fire rating?
- Yes, models, GV5900-F. UL-rated fire materials, 30 Minutes / 1200 Degrees.
- Can I send my GunVault in for repairs?
- No, there are currently no repairs being made. Any GunVault received without an RA# (Return Authorization Number) are returned to sender or destroyed.
- Can I carry a gun on a plane and what kind of safe meets TSA specs?
- Unless they have special authorization as law enforcement officials, passengers on commercial flights may NOT carry guns in their carry-on luggage. Under most circumstances they can be transported on a plane in checked luggage, however. Guns must be unloaded, stored, and locked in a hard-sided container such as a safe. For more detailed information, contact your specific airline and visit the TSA website.
- How can I program a MVB500, MVB1000, SVB500, GVB3000?
- Follow these instructions:
1. Open the safe and locate the learn button inside, push and release the learn button your led light will start flashing. (there is no need to close the GunVault).
2. Swipe your finger until you get two quick beeps (this might take up to 6 swipes).
3. Right after you get the 2 quick beeps close the safe and push the start button on top of the reader, swipe your finger the safe should open.